Discussion Forum

Welcome

Picture of Colin Veldkamp
Welcome
by Colin Veldkamp - Tuesday, 4 September 2012, 10:10 AM

Hello everyone,

Thank you for enrolling in the ERLC Math 30-3 collaboration course.  I hope that this site will provide us a great opportunity to share resources so that our jobs will be easier and our teaching will improve!

The first thing I would like to do is to make sure this discussion forum is working properly.  When you enrol you should automatically be setup for this discussion forum and whenever something is posted you will receive an email.  I like to use this to highlight new resources I post.  To make sure it is working properly could you please reply to this email with a simple ... "It works and I'm so excited to teach Math 30-3 this year and am willing to share all the amazing ideas I have!" If you reply to the email it gets sent to only me.  If you would like to reply to everyone enrolled in the course you need to go to the discussion forum and post a reply there by clicking the reply link in the email itself.

Secondly, I have posted some materials on the home page that I like to use to start up my classes.  See if you find anything useful.  In the first two days I try to get the students used to working together, give them some problems to make them think and provide any important information they need.  If you have any start up activities that you enjoy please share them as well.

All the best on the start up of your classes and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Colin Veldkamp