Discussion Forum

More Probability Resources

Picture of Colin Veldkamp
More Probability Resources
by Colin Veldkamp - Tuesday, 11 September 2012, 9:42 AM

Hello everyone,

I've added some more probability resources (C2-Probability & Odds and C3-Theoretical and Experimental Probability).  

I created a little Odds Investigation that went pretty well.  I just gave them the sheet to see if they could see the connection between odds and probability and most of them saw the pattern.  We then formalized it afterwards.

I also did an activity involving rolling two dice and comparing theoretical and experimental probability.  I think it went well but it wasn't overly exciting and it took longer than I thought it would.  I made a connection to Settlers of Catan (A great board game if you haven't tried it).  It would be cool to play some Settlers but we'll see about time and if I can find enough boards.

I hope you find these resources useful and please share anything that works well for you.  I feel like this first chapter is going okay but I'm sure there are some more interesting things I could be doing.  Please let me know of any good ideas you may have and I can share them with the group!

Thanks,

Colin