Discussion Forum

Purchasing a Vehicle Project

Picture of Colin Veldkamp
Re: Purchasing a Vehicle Project
by Colin Veldkamp - Friday, 26 October 2012, 11:08 AM

I added a marking guide to the Purchasing a Vehicle Project.

The basic intent is to give a mark out of 5 on each section and then use that to make an overall mark out of 5.  I vaguely remember teaching some English 9 and marking written assignments like this.  I think it will work well and hopefully not take too long!

My students had mixed reactions to this project.  Some of them are totally into and are loving this unit because they feel like they're learning something they will use.  I have a few who just want to write a test instead of doing this project.  I suspect these students are scared of a little bit of work and just don't want to do the research.

Hope your classes are going well!  I need to get planning on the small business lessons now.  Vicky Wisheau mentioned Jr. Achievers might be a good resources.  I will look them up.  Dragon's Den might have some potential as well.  I haven't watched it very much.  If anyone has any thoughts on Dragon's Den or has come up with something that you would like to share I'm sure everyone would appreciate it!

Thanks,

Colin