Discussion Forum

More Resources

Picture of Colin Veldkamp
More Resources
by Colin Veldkamp - Tuesday, 23 October 2012, 2:01 PM

I've posted some more resources to finish off Linear Relations as well as my first lesson for my Number Unit (Real Life Decisions).

For Linear Relations I posted a Review Activity having to do with planning a BBQ.  It didn't go that great with my class but I made a few changes to the one I posted that I hope will improve it.  I think there is potential for the activity.  If you use it, try to let me know how it went and if you can think of ways to make it better, please let me know.

I also posted the Unit Exam I used for Linear Relations.

The first lesson I made for the Number unit on Buying or Leasing a Vehicle is quite large and has taken me a few classes.  Especially since the lesson didn't go great the first time around and I started over.  I like it now and I hope you find it useful.  This unit has the opportunity to have some good discussions and I like the concept map we made on Things to Consider when Purchasing a Vehicle.  After we learn about buying / leasing / operating a vehicle I would like to do a project where they have to do some research on purchasing a vehicle.  Still working on this.

Once again, I hope these resources are useful.  If you have suggestions for me please let me know and of course anything you have to share is appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin