Math 30-2 Staffroom -- A Safe Place to Share and Reflect

Final Examination

Picture of Candace Ketsa
Final Examination
by Candace Ketsa - Tuesday, 27 November 2012, 3:42 PM

Is anyone giving an In Class Final Examination.  And if so what are you weighting it worth.

Picture of Candace Ketsa
Re: Final Examination
by Candace Ketsa - Monday, 3 December 2012, 9:48 AM

No one is giving a final examination for Math 30-2? 

Picture of Kyle Harvey
by Kyle Harvey - Monday, 3 December 2012, 12:02 PM

I will be doing a formative practice final.

Picture of Michelle Connor
by Michelle Connor - Monday, 3 December 2012, 11:25 AM

I will be giving a mock diploma as their final exam (same format and time to write).  This exam is not weighted for anything, however, it will replace their lowest exam mark in the course.  I have not finished it yet, but when it is done, I will post it :)

Picture of Candace Ketsa
by Candace Ketsa - Monday, 3 December 2012, 12:14 PM

That would be fantastic.  Thank you so much for sharing.  I was thinking of doing the same thing, but was worried that I would not have time to create one.  I would be willing to work with you if you need some help.

Picture of Kristi Allen
by Kristi Allen - Monday, 3 December 2012, 12:45 PM

I am participating in the field test, and that will replace their lowest mark.  I am excited to see what it looks like.

Picture of Crystal  Lepp
by Crystal Lepp - Monday, 3 December 2012, 1:53 PM

I am participating in the field test as well but some of my students have extra time and are not alloted it on the field test so I will not use their field test mark for anything. 

I am also giving them a mock final exam that will replace their lowest test mark.  We have done this in the past and it works really well.  Now to make tests :)

Picture of James Smith
by James Smith - Wednesday, 5 December 2012, 2:30 PM

You can now apply for accommodations for field tests. We have sent in some requests for our school. We have been told that they will send another person to administer the paper field tests when necessary. I don't know how the digital field test will work.

Picture of Candace Ketsa
by Candace Ketsa - Monday, 3 December 2012, 2:37 PM

Ok so last year there was a group of teachers that worked together on a Math 20-2 final exam and we posted it on ERLC for all to use.  I see that some fo you are doing a mock final exam for Math 30-2. 

Would you like to work together.  We will follow the diploma blueprint and  we can divide them up the units.  I will give you a deadline to submit the questions to me and I will format them into one exam with an answer key.

Any takers?

Picture of Crystal  Lepp
by Crystal Lepp - Monday, 3 December 2012, 2:46 PM

I'm in just let me know what section
Picture of Heidi McInnes
by Heidi McInnes - Monday, 3 December 2012, 3:34 PM

I am interested in helping, however I don't have experience creating diploma questions before.  I, too, will be giving an in-class practice final that will replace one of their lowest test marks... that type of format. 

Picture of Michelle Connor
by Michelle Connor - Friday, 14 December 2012, 8:59 AM

Hi Candace,

I can definitely help with that.  Let me know what outcomes you would like me to cover!  

Michelle

Picture of Sherry Schulzke
by Sherry Schulzke - Friday, 14 December 2012, 1:34 PM

Yes, I am giving a Final worth 5% of their grade.