Math 30-2 Staffroom -- A Safe Place to Share and Reflect

ERLC Mock Final Exam for 30-2 now Posted

Picture of Candace Ketsa
ERLC Mock Final Exam for 30-2 now Posted
by Candace Ketsa - Sunday, 13 January 2013, 7:18 AM

Hello Teachers

Well it is now ready and posted in the secured learning portal.  Please feel free to use but this exam MUST STAY SECURED.  Many teachers throughout Alberta will be using this exam and we should respect that. 

As always, the first time creating an exam, there will be errors and many of you may have comments to make it better. Two comments that have been made already is that it is a bit heavy on regression and that in the exponential unit that maybe we don't need a half life and a doubling period question. 

Due to time constraints, I wont change it this semester, but I would love a group of teachers to meet me on skype one day after giving the exam to see what changes could be made.  I am also going to be making a blueprint of the exam listing the questions in the categories of conceptual, etc and acceptable and excellence.  I have just ran out of time to do that before tomorrow.  

Any other comments would be appreciated.  The exam can only get better.

Picture of Crystal  Lepp
Re: ERLC Mock Final Exam for 30-2 now Posted
by Crystal Lepp - Sunday, 13 January 2013, 7:33 AM

Thank you Candace for putting this all together and thank you to the teachers (including Candace) who spent some of their Christmas holidays and week back coming up with good diploma style questions. This is not easy to do and takes a lot of time so thank you :)
Picture of Matthew Brehmer
by Matthew Brehmer - Monday, 14 January 2013, 7:35 AM

An excellent idea. Thanks for putting this together Candace.

Picture of Yolanda Chang
by Yolanda Chang - Monday, 14 January 2013, 8:02 AM

Thanks for posting this Candace, I'm sure it took a lot of work and I know I really appreciate it.

Is there any way you could post the word document version of this exam so that we can edit it?  It would be greatly appreciated.