Math 30-2 Staffroom -- A Safe Place to Share and Reflect

Exit/Entrance Slips

Picture of Candace Ketsa
Exit/Entrance Slips
by Candace Ketsa - Friday, 10 May 2013, 11:24 AM

I attended John Scammel's Assessment in High School Mathematics session and I thought this was a really great idea for a quick check on formative assessment. Click on the link below to watch a video explaining Exit/Entrance Slips.

Exit/Entrance Slips

I created some Exit/Entrances slips for Sinusoidal Functions Unit based on the Achievement Indicators.  I have posted them in the respective Assessment for Learning Sections. I based these questions on the example questions provided by Alberta Education in the Standards Exemplars. 

I am extremely interested to know if this is something teachers in Alberta want for the rest of the units.  Thoughts?

Picture of Jesse Atkinson
Re: Exit/Entrance Slips
by Jesse Atkinson - Friday, 10 May 2013, 1:23 PM

I have been to several of John's session and come away with more to try to do each time.  I have used entrance/exit slips with my M30-2, but also my other classes as well.  The first couple of times student wonder, "Is this for marks?". So we have a conversation about them and how I as a teacher use them, but more importantly how they, the student, can use them.

My challenge is finding the time to prepare them for a class.  So it would be nice to have more of these to use as a starting point to build upon.

Picture of Jackie Williamson
by Jackie Williamson - Friday, 10 May 2013, 1:42 PM

Hi Candace, can you post the video again.  The link does not work for me.

Thanks.

Picture of Candace Ketsa
by Candace Ketsa - Tuesday, 14 May 2013, 11:07 AM

I hope this works.  This is the link that I was provided with.

http://www.aac.ab.ca/projects-and-grants-sub/exit-slips.html