Editing Mode is now enabled: Please hover over the topic, item or block you wish to edit. Drag and drop files onto course sections to upload them
January 26th High School Math Institute-Lethbridge
Session description and agenda
|Content ||Video |
- Welcome and thank you to the Mathematics Institute Committee which includes members from Alberta Education and consortia for their work in planning this day.
- Brief Address from Alberta Education.
Examination of curriculum specific student work
- How different are the responses anyway?
- How different do we want them to be?
Discussion of what DI is
- What does it mean and what is it not?
- How do you have to behave as a teacher to differentiate instruction?
- Is teaching through problem solving/exploration automatically DI?
- Comparing a few standard curriculum specific tasks to curriculum specific tasks where DI is considered.
- Video of a 10C Classroom where an open question has been asked.
- Models of what open questions and how they support DI will be provided.
- Models will be curriculum specific with samples at all levels. Samples will come from 10 C, 10-3, 20-1, 20-2, and 20-3
Last modified: Monday, 10 December 2012, 9:35 AM