Discussion Forum

Probability & Statistics Done

Picture of Colin Veldkamp
Probability & Statistics Done
by Colin Veldkamp - Friday, 28 September 2012, 11:37 AM

All resources for Probability and Statistics are now loaded onto the Moodle.  The assessment page also has a quiz for each of Probability & Statistics as well as the Unit Exam.  I also put together some review material for both units.  

My favourite part of the unit was playing Settlers of Catan with my class and recording the rolls of the dice to compare experimental and theoretical probability.  We also stopped the game every once in awhile when someone said, "I really need a 9 or a 10 right now".  We would then calculate the probability and odds of rolling a 9 or a 10.  It was great.  I could do this because my class is quite small but I wonder if there are other similar games involving two dice that would work with a larger group?  Any ideas?

Now it's time to start Linear Relations.  If any of you have any ideas for teaching this unit please let me know so I can share with the group!

Also, if you have any quizzes or exams that you'd be willing to share please submit those to me as well and I can put them on the secure page.

Thanks everyone,

Colin