Teacher Discussion Forum for Math 30-1

Formative Assessment for Transformations of Sinusoidal Functions

Picture of Stephanie MacKay
Formative Assessment for Transformations of Sinusoidal Functions
by Stephanie MacKay - Thursday, 9 May 2013, 9:36 AM

New videos have been posted on the Math 30-1 Demonstration course relating to teaching with focus on the Seven Processes of Teaching Mathematics as outlined by Alberta Education. In the videos you can see how I use technology to help students understand the mathematics rather than doing the math.

Click here to view the videos.

I have also included a video that demonstrates an activity for Formative Assessment on Transformations of Sinusoidal Functions. Students explore the effect of parameters a, b, c, and d on the graph of a sine or cosine functions and then answer questions relating to vocabulary. Since the Formative Assessment activity involves using technology, students can check their answers and receive instrant feedback for their learning.

If you are interested in learning more about how to use technology to support teaching with focus on the Seven Processes,you may want to attend a three day summer workshop in Edmonton. For more information, follow this link or send me an email. I have also included a information flyer as an attachment.